Skip to main content

Big Dreams

God keeps tapping me on the shoulder, poking me with the same theme--that He has something big and great for me and that I'm holding myself back from His desires for my life.

A few years ago, He began to attempt to express to me that He has great plans for my future.  I doubted, but He kept confirming the message.  He is still doing that today.

I went to a women's conference, and was supposed to miss the last break-out session on Saturday afternoon because I had agreed to pick up a friend from the airport.  His flight was late, so I was able to stay for the last session.  In the last session, the woman began prophesying to each one of us. When she came to me, she took my hands in hers, paused momentarily, and spoke:  "Your destiny has been stolen from you, but you are going to take it back."  She then moved on to the next person.

I sat confused, pondering what this meant.  Very slowly, as I began seeking the Lord, He began to show me how the enemy had been working relentlessly and feverishly for decades to rob me of God's precious destiny for my life.  I then questioned the Lord because Satan did not make those series of foolish, destructive choices--I did.  He then mercifully and lovingly explained to me that, yes, I had made those choices, and I could have chosen not to, BUT that Satan knew my weaknesses and knew how to use them to destroy me.

I also asked him how I was going to "take it back."  He began to show me various things I had done over the years to grow personally and spiritually that would prepare me for the next step in my destiny.

I was astonished, because Satan had worked to ensure that I would miss that session, but God intervened so that I would not because both Satan and God knew that this would be one of those breakthrough moments in my life.  God is so amazing, isn't He?!

However, I still questioned my interpretation of the prophecy.  The next Sunday in church, my pastor mentions from the pulpit something about our destiny being stolen, but we're going to get it back.  I was stunned.  It was almost verbatim what the lady had said a week prior.   Then, a couple of weeks later someone laid hands on me and prayed over me--knowing nothing of this prophecy (actually, I did not tell anyone), and mentioned that the enemy had robbed me of my destiny. Astonishing, huh?  Three times in one month, three separate people who didn't even know each other said the same thing.  Finally, after so many confirmations, I was ready to accept that my destiny had been stolen, but I was in the process of getting it back.

Once in a while, lest I lose sight of the veracity of that prophecy, God reminds me.

  • Last week, my principal mentioned that our theme for this school year is "No Limits" because we tend to limit God. 
  • Last Sunday during the sermon, my pastor again mentioned from the pulpit that God has big plans for us, that we should be dreaming big.  We serve a big God, and as His servants, we can do big things for Him.  We limit our God.  
  • Then I visited a blog that I found randomly online, and this week's post spoke specifically to this issue.  
I believe that through a series of unexpected events, part of that big destiny is somehow being able to speak French on a regular basis through work or some other means.  It is such a passion for me (okay, maybe obsession is the more accurate term!).  Maybe I will be a French teacher, a French tutor, tutor French children in English, maybe there will be some spiritual component--I don't know.  I just sense it.

I also am finally ready to believe that God will bring me a husband someday.  Again, it's nothing that I can say for sure; it's just something that I sense.

Those are two very big dreams that I believe God will fulfill someday.  I have been praying that He would erase any dreams that do not originate with Him, and that He would give me His dreams for my life, so that my plans line up with His plans.  I have to continually pray to die to my flesh, and surrender completely to His will.


 11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

I have another dream that I'm not sure if it's my dream or His dream.  I have had this dream for several years now.  This is it:  When Carlos graduates from high school (in 2019), I would LOVE to spend the summer in Paris teaching English and enjoying French culture (I miss some things SO MUCH!).  Just a few weeks would be SO INCREDIBLE!!  Hopefully, my teaching income would pay the rent, and I could live off of what I make here.  I have no idea how that would work, but I am praying that God would take this dream away if it is not of Him.  I can genuinely say that I have reached a point in my Christian walk where I only want for myself what He wants for me.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

Has God been tapping you on the shoulder, too?!  Has He told you that He has big dreams for your life?!

I'm really excited, because tomorrow's post will be about an answer to prayer.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)