Skip to main content

Time Will Tell

It's always so "wow" to me when I'm going about my business as usual, and "out of the blue" God answers a prayer. I think He's answering my prayer. Time will tell.

I've been praying for quite a while about what to do about employment. I want to find a job that I can do only during the day when the kids are at school--I still need to be available to take them to school and pick them up because sometimes my husband needs to go to work early. I have thought about various jobs (subbing, tutoring, doing something with technology 'cause I'm good with computers, finding a business I could do at home that doesn't require much training, etc.), but child care is usually an issue and for the life of me I can't figure out what I could do from home. I'm soooo not business-oriented.

It is so important to me to be there for my kids on a regular basis. I enjoy taking them to school. I enjoy being the one who gets to pick them up from school (except that Ashley usually walks with a friend now). I really like to be the first one to hear about their day--you know, "plain, ordinary" stuff like that. I like to be home to make them a special snack sometimes. And I would need (and want) to be available for them on all their days off, including summer.

So, a few weeks ago, a friend asks me if I would tutor her child in reading. I seriously became so excited--teaching reading was one of my favorite times of the day ... and I was really good at it--so good at it that my literacy coach wanted me to allow her to send other teachers to observe me teaching reading. I really took it for granted at the time (and I certainly wasn't the only one she asked), but she has reinforced it to me several times since I "quit" teaching.

So I start to get really enthused about it, and I remember that when I first started staying home three years ago (has it really been that long??!!), I wanted to do this very thing: tutor elementary-age kids (who are being homeschooled--that way I would be available for my kids in the afternoon) in reading and math. I even made flyers and brochures describing my qualifications and credential, and took a couple of other steps to get this little business going. But I hit a very minor roadblock and did not pursue this idea.

So, like I said, a friend asked me to tutor her child. I've been doing it for three weeks. I ordered books from the reading company, and today as I was walking with Carlos to our car after picking him up from school, one of my former parents asks me if I would consider tutoring the younger sibling of one of my former students. I really want to do it, but it will be after school. So I'm really working on finding a way to do it (maybe at the library ... my kids could do homework there those days).

So ... two requests in three weeks ... maybe this is God's way of showing me the path I'm supposed to be on. Maybe my next step is to connect to some homeschooling groups and ask permission to post my information--and then wait to see what comes along ... or not! :)

Isn't it funny how we pray and pray for something, and then when it looks like God is answering our prayers, we are in awe.
He-LLOOO! What else did I expect?!

Comments

tjep said…
Wow!...I agree...Wow!

You have such an abundance of knowledge and insight on teaching kids! I'll need to talk to you in person about this!

Praise God!
DonnaG said…
Carmela I know first hand that this is to be your gig. You are awesome at it. What a wonderful time of marveling at how God makes his plan known to you!
DonnaG said…
PS I WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE TO TELL ALL OF MY HOMESCHOOLING MOMS ABOUT YOU! GIVE ME A FLYER

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)