Skip to main content

Random "me" stuff

Update about the jail visit:  We were not able to go this weekend because communicating with an inmate is a little bit complicated, so we were not able to set up a time.  I am praying that it works out this week.  My friend will get back to me.  Also, I found out that I cannot bring him anything.  If I want him to have a One-Year Bible, I have to order it online and have it sent directly to him at the jail.  I will be in prayer about that as well.


Today, I'm keeping it very light.  I have had A LOT of time to myself this summer, so I wanted to show you how I've been spending my time:

a LOT of getting my classroom ready!
My favorite part is the back wall (ready for student work!), so I thought I'd show you that today.

the back of my classroom!


We will have a "Fruit of the Spirit" Tree in which the kids will each have a paper apple with their name on it.  When they see a classmate demonstrating one of the fruits of the Spirit, they will put that sticker on that student's apple.  For example, if they see someone being a peacemaker, they can put the "peace" sticker on that student's apple.  They will also write a short phrase or sentence telling specifically what they did (i.e., helped Jamal and Katie get along during recess).

I am praying that this becomes a powerful positive reinforcement tool for the classroom.  I obviously don't have the apples on the tree yet because I need a final roster.  I will put them up a few days before school starts.

I'm also excited because I LOVE my back table!  Doesn't it look so fancy?!  I mainly use it when I need to work with small groups.  AND, do you see the "vase" of red and yellow flowers on the table? Those are flower pens that I made.  Even the middle-schoolers love them.  I am thinking about letting the girls use them as a reward if they're good, or complete a task successfully.  Not sure what to do about the boys (I can hear the outcry already!).

I have also been getting a little bit crafty.  
I have made myself one wallet, and have started a second wallet.  Here is the first wallet.  It has such a cheerful fabric, don't you think?!  I also have an apron of that yellow fabric.

inside (I LOVE the large coin section!)

closed


I can't wait to show you my second wallet!  I hope to have it done by the end of the week, but I have to admit, I am ADDICTED to the Olympics!  I have been watching so much of it, so jt may not get done by Friday.  I am designing and embroidering the outside, so it will take longer.

My classroom will be ready in a few days; then I plan to get back to spending several hours per day with the Lord again. I have been missing the peace and comfort that I derive from spending so much time with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)