Skip to main content

MIRACLE!!

I'm sooooo excited!

God totally did a MAJOR miracle for me on Thursday!  

I've been dying to share it with you, but I don't have a computer at home {It is not working anymore, effective Friday.  :(   }  I apologize in advance for the mediocre-quality writing in this post.

I have five lights in my kitchen--one light over the sink, and four recessed lights.  A few weeks ago, I turned on the lights to do dishes, and all of a sudden all of the recessed lights turned off for no reason. I was distraught and stressed out because I don't know how to fix things and I can't afford to hire someone to fix it.  It was a real inconvenience because I can't do anything in my kitchen at night.

I did pray for a few weeks for God to make a miracle and fix the lights for me.  Every now and then I would flip the switch to see if MAYBE He had fixed them.  No.  *sigh*

Two weeks ago I decided that I need to bite the bullet and investigate the problem and pray that I am able to fix it.

{disclaimer--technical jargon.  If you're not interested, skip this paragraph and jump to the miracle.  This just explains HOW I know it's a miracle, and not some other explanation.}  I picked my brother's brain when he was out here two weeks ago--I explained the problem and asked him for potential causes and how to begin troubleshooting it.  He told me I needed to check the voltage, which sounded VERY scary and confusing.  Long story short, I bought the multi-meter and called him last Thursday to see if he had time to help me over the phone (he lives far away).  He did, and through a phone conversation, pictures, and a LOT of texts, we eliminated the easy fix--all of the connections to the switch were working.  Darn.  So I screwed the switch back into the wall, screwed the switch plate back, turned the power on, checked the kitchen sink light (because it's on the same switch thing), tried the recessed light switch--JUST IN CASE, you know!, but it still wasn't working. My brother told me what to do next (check for voltage in the recessed light sockets), which also sounded confusing and out of my league, but I would attempt that another day.  I'd been through enough electrical stress for one day!

A couple of hours later, I went to do dishes, and by force of habit turned the switch for both sets of lights (recessed lights and sink light).  I did a double-take.  THE RECESSED LIGHTS WERE ON!! No joke!  I couldn't believe it!!  I didn't want to turn them off until the dishes were done, just in case it was a fluke ... but curiosity got the better of me.  Cautiously, and with fear and trepidation, I turned the lights off, waited a few seconds, and flipped the switch again.  THE LIGHTS CAME BACK ON!!  Astonishing, huh?!  I did it a few more times, and they worked.  I felt like I was floating on air!!!  I could not have been more happy if I'd won the lottery!

I quickly texted my brother a picture of my kitchen with the lights on and told him that they're working.  His response?  "Seriously?"  He was just as flabbergasted as I was.  I am fully convinced that he does not believe it was a miracle--he thinks I must have inadvertently done something to fix them,   Which is strange, because I only did exactly what he told me, and I didn't do anything to fix wiring--all I did was touch the multi-meter leads to some screws a few times.  Yesterday, he texted Ashley to see if the lights still work.  :D

God has done a few mind-boggling miracles for me over the past several years.  In 2009, He gave me this Scripture which has always been a source of comfort and reassurance to me:

Isaiah 54:5
For your Maker is your husband,
The Lord of hosts is His name;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
He is called the God of the whole earth.

Every time I turn on the lights now, I smile--because that is my proof that the King of Kings and Lord of Lords cares about me and loves me, and He is still on His throne! :) If He can do that, He can intervene and miraculously heal Carlos' hard heart.

I find God so fascinating--the lazy part of me wanted Him to just miraculously fix them for me.  After He fixed them, I questioned Him as to why He made me mess around for a couple of hours (that includes watching YouTube how-to videos for a multi-meter) instead of just fixing it. He could have saved me the trouble.  Then I realized that He's like a real Daddy--He wanted me to learn how to use a multi-meter.  His job is not to make my life comfortable, but to challenge me and push me to grow. I accepted the challenge, and that's all He wanted from me.  The next time I need to use the multi-meter (it's extremely handy and helpful, by the way!), I will not be nearly as intimidated. His goodness and wisdom is astonishing, huh?!

So I hope that encourages you today!

Our God is sooooo big, sooooo powerful, and sooooo loving.  :)  And He's still on His throne!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)