Skip to main content

Blessings of Faithfulness

Hello!

FYI:  I am so sorry (IF I have ANY readers out there!), but because I no longer have a computer at home, I will not be able to post as frequently--probably no more than three times per week (because I now have to use my work computer).


God Blesses Faithfulness


I was reading  I Chronicles 17 in my One-Year Bible this morning, and I was so moved that God chose to bless David for his faithfulness.  In I Chronicles 15 and 16, David follows procedure to move the Ark of the Covenant from the house of Obed-Edom to Jerusalem. You can tell by the text in I Chronicles 16 that David is over-the-moon excited that he gets this privilege.  You can feel his enthusiasm and excitement leap off of the pages, even several millennia later.  Then, once the Ark reaches Jerusalem, he throws a big feast, offers sacrifices, gives everyone bread, meat, and raisin cakes, sets up worship, and dances in the street.  In short, he organized the world's largest block party!  Everyone was celebrating with David (except Michal).

Because of his penchant for worship (He DID write many of the Psalms), he then sings a beautiful, powerful song of thanksgiving (I Chronicles 16:8-36).  It is obvious that this experience moves him deeply and he is so thankful to God.

I was noticing this morning, for the first time, the great blessing that followed his faithfulness to God. His blessing?  God sends Nathan the prophet to give David a powerful prophecy.  Here is the prophecy (I Chronicles 17:7-14):

Now therefore, thus shall you say to My servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts: “I took you from the sheepfold, from following the sheep, to be ruler over My people Israel. And I have been with you wherever you have gone, and have cut off all your enemies from before you, and have made you a name like the name of the great men who are on the earth. Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously, 10 since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel. Also I will subdue all your enemies. Furthermore I tell you that the Lord will build you a house. 11 And it shall be, when your days are fulfilled, when you must go to be with your fathers, that I will set up your seed after you, who will be of your sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne forever. 13 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son; and I will not take My mercy away from him, as I took it from him who was before you. 14 And I will establish him in My house and in My kingdom forever; and his throne shall be established forever.”


I was so touched by God's kindness to David.  He did not have to reassure David that way and give him promises about his future.  But He did ... because He loved David, and like a good Daddy, wanted to bless him.  I think in some way (and I could very well be wrong) God was so blessed by David's desire to move the Ark to Jerusalem and build Him a temple that He decided to bless David back.  Maybe there's no connection--maybe it's happenstance, but I really don't think so.  I don't believe that He would have given Nathan that prophecy if David had left the Ark where it was.

It is encouraging to me because I am REALLY struggling with my relationship with Carlos right now. I do understand that he is a fifteen-year-old boy and he is EXTREMELY angry with me about the divorce.  I do give him as much understanding as I can muster.  But I must admit that it takes a great toll on me emotionally to live with this situation day in, day out, and not be able to escape it.  When I read I Chronicles 17 this morning, I was reminded just to keep doing the right thing--keep loving him, keep trying to be Jesus with skin on (as much as humanly possible!), and someday God will reward that faithfulness--it probably won't be in the way I'm expecting, but I do believe that God is, for some reason, very blessed by our faithfulness--especially when we face very difficult circumstances, and He WANTS to bless us because of it.



So whatever difficult situation you're facing, DON'T GIVE UP!  No matter how hard it is, just keep praying that God will strengthen you to do the right thing, no matter how scary or difficult, no matter how IMPOSSIBLE the situation seems.  (Jeremiah 32:17--
Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.)

Sometimes it's REALLY difficult to be nice to Carlos because he is really mean to me, BUT I work hard at being nice to him anyway.  Like all of us, sometimes I fail and I have to humble myself and apologize.  I am very prideful, so that is hard for me.  Other times I feel God coaxing me to be firm with him and call him on his undeserving, terribly negative attitude.

This summer, God just keeps nudging me not to give up.  I keep thinking of Galatians 6:9--
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.


See?!  God promises!  We SHALL reap!  :)


Your breakthrough might be around the corner!


God bless you and keep you.  May He make His face shine upon you.


Remember,  God loves you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)