Skip to main content

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  ๐Ÿ˜Š  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me.
It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel.
It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life.
If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beautiful dance that will last the rest of our lives.

I was so moved by what she said.


These are the similarities God showed me between the Cinderella story and our story.

1.        God gives us loyal, kind family and friends who truly value us during hard times.
Throughout her story, Cinderella could enjoy the support of her animal friends who genuinely loved her and displayed that love in real, practical ways.  God does the same for us.  I’m sure as you read point number one, immediately certain people’s faces came to mind.  They are God’s gift to us on our journey. 
We can find several examples of these close-knit, loving relationships in Scripture:  Naomi and Ruth, Boaz and Ruth, Elijah and Elisha, Jacob and Joseph, as well as David and Jonathan.  Some of these were blood relatives; some were not.  These people knew each other intimately, supported each other, and were loyal until death separated them.  Those relationships brought such a sense of security to each of them.



2.       Because of free will, God ALLOWS evil to happen.
In the same way that Cinderella’s stepmother and stepsisters were relentless in their attempts to destroy her, Satan is relentless in HIS attempts to destroy us.  That is a real fact.  If you’re not sure, read I Peter 5:8 and John10:10.  God allows evil, but not because he is a “bad” God.  On the contrary, paradoxically, it proves His love for us because He gives each of us the freedom to choose good or evil.  God never promises us a life free of evil and turmoil.  Instead, He uses the evil and turmoil to grow us and He promises to be with us forever.  Here are some Scriptures to look up which prove this:  John 16:33 and Joshua 1:9. 



3.       In our misery and trials, God always brings us hope.
Cinderella had many beacons of hope during her difficult season: 
a.       The prince deemed her worthy of an invitation to the ball.
b.       She was granted the highly unlikely possibility of going from an abused slave to royalty almost overnight (remind you of anyone?!—like Esther or Joseph?!, even though Esther was never technically abused, I suppose)
c.       She dared to hope that she could go to the ball (She did not give up on herself or pity herself because of her situation.).
In the same way, God will ALWAYS bring us our own beacons of light in our darkness.  Sometimes we are so consumed by the darkness that we can’t see the light.  I assure you, if you look for the light, God will open your eyes to see it.  Sometimes I tend to take those beacons of light for granted, and I must make a conscious effort to really meditate on His greatness and His goodness in my life.  I want to recognize and ENJOY all the blessings He brings me.  But sometimes I must work at seeing them and appreciating them (and Him).  I am reminded of the story of Elisha and his servant in II Kings 6:13-18, when the Arameans planned to attack Israel with a great army.  The servant was petrified, but Elisha asked God to open the servant’s eyes.  Suddenly the servant saw the multitude of God’s armies ready to fight for Israel and he was greatly encouraged.  God wants to encourage us in our journey, but we must receive the hope He brings us.



4.        God requires us to do our part to fulfill His plan for our lives.
Cinderella had to make her own preparations to attend the ball—she had to find a dress and transform it into a ball gown.  In the same way, God doesn’t just pave the way for us to walk effortlessly into our future.  God told Abraham that his descendants would inherit the Promised Land, but when the time was right, the Israelites didn’t just waltz into the Promised Land effortlessly—they spent seven years battling fiercely to receive their promise.  We, too, must fight our own battles to receive our own Promised Land, whatever that looks like for each of us personally. 

5.       God equips us to fulfill His plan for our lives.
When Cinderella was prevented from fulfilling her plan to get to the ball, her friends came to the rescue and did what she was not able to do.  God will equip us to fulfill each purpose and plan that He has for us.  Even when our situation seems dismal, He will make a way where there absolutely seems to be no way.   Sometimes I agonize relentlessly to try to figure out how God is going to make the miracle I’m waiting for, but, inevitably, He—being the INCREDIBLE and creative God that He is—will do something that I could never have conceived myself.  Then I fall even more in love with Him.  There are so many Bible stories that prove this point:  Joseph, David, Esther, and Ruth, to name a few.


6               6.       No matter what attempts Satan makes to thwart our destiny in Christ, God’s will ALWAYS prevails when we follow Him wholeheartedly.
All the devious schemes that Cinderella’s stepfamily carried out in order to prevent Cinderella from attending the ball ultimately failed.  :D  The same is true for Satan.  He can, and WILL, work tirelessly to destroy us in every conceivable way.  HOWEVER, the God we serve is much greater than he can ever hope to be, so when we keep our eyes on the Lord (and don’t allow ourselves to be distracted by circumstances or limited by our myopic human vision), we can rest in the confidence that God is working behind the scenes to fulfill His will for our lives.

In the story of Cinderella, when all hope seemed lost and time had all but run out, her fairy godmother appeared and saved the day.  That is what God does in our own lives.  When we truly see no way out, when we can’t imagine how the miracle can come, when all seems lost, God is still making a way.  It doesn’t matter that we can’t see it.  That’s just WHO God is and that’s HOW He operates.  It’s a fact.

77.        Because God loves us deeply, He pursues us and does not give up on us.
After the ball, the prince was determined to find the owner of the glass slipper. Nothing could deter him.  He was very focused on his mission, and he was not going to give up until he found the owner of the slipper.  God had to pursue me for several years before I was willing to surrender my life to Him.  I look back now and I am extremely grateful that He did not give up on me.  I could sense Him continually nudging me in His direction, despite my great resistance.  He saw the broken mess that I was, but what is more, He saw BEYOND the broken mess and focused on the beauty that almost no one else could see, certainly not even myself.  And like a good Daddy, He keeps helping me to perceive what He sees in me when He looks down from heaven.  I am trying to see people through His eyes as well, because His great grace toward me makes me want to give that same grace to others. 
·         “… the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in Him.” (Psalm 32:10)

·         “The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love.” (Psalm 33:5)

·         “For thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out.” (Ezekiel 34:11)

·         "I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick;” (Ezekiel 34:16)

·         "What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying?” (Matthew 18:12)

88.        Where we put a period (thinking God has finished that particular work in our life), God has oftentimes only put a comma.
When the ball was over, Cinderella went back to her regular life, convinced that her magical moment was over forever.  She had no idea that the best was yet to come.  She did not see the princess in her, but the prince did.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

So many times in my life, I have put a period, or closed a particular chapter of my life, only to discover that God was not finished yet.  He had marvelous, grand plans that I could never have envisioned myself.  I become amazed all over again at how truly awesome He is. To quote the apostle Paul: “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,” (Eph. 3:20).  Likewise, as a wise friend pointed out to me recently, when Jesus died, the disciples put a period, certain that chapter of their life was over.  However, the best was yet to come for them!



I really hope that something in this post spoke to your soul and encouraged you today.  I hope this reminded you that you serve a BIG God.  Nothing is impossible with Him.  Nothing.  He knows you more intimately than anyone else can, and He loves you more deeply than anyone else can.  He IS enough.  I’m sure the creator of this fairy tale never dreamed that this story would be immensely popular centuries after its conception, much less reveal several profound spiritual truths that help us understand our spiritual journey on this planet.  I hope I have successfully demonstrated that you have a fairy-tale life!  And for every Christian, the best is DEFINITELY yet to come because heaven awaits us, and it doesn’t get any better than that!  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)