Skip to main content

Justice and Righteousness

FYI:  I was informed by my boss that I will not be able to access my room next week (maintenance), so I'm sorry (I don't think it matters because I don't think I have any readers, but JUST IN CASE!), I will NOT be able to blog next week. I do plan to come in on Sunday and make one more post. But I will not be able to blog for a week.

I was prompted to write this post because a friend shared a story with me.

It caused me to reflect on Psalm 37:6, which says:

"He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday."

This Scripture is extremely meaningful to me because several years ago, someone that I trusted wronged me severely, and my life changed dramatically because of her choice.  I remember crying out to God for justice to be served.  I cried out continually, several times a day for several weeks. My desire for justice in this situation was astonishingly strong.  He gave me Psalm 37:6 one evening, and I clung to it desperately, reciting it over and over, claiming it as a promise that He heard my cry and would bring forth justice in due time.

God also prophesied to me about the situation (something He RARELY does, so I pay careful attention when He does), and the prophecy came true.  However, I must admit that the victory I had been desperately yearning for was very hollow.  (Oops.  I learned my lesson; trust me!) It did not satisfy AT ALL the way I had eagerly anticipated that it would.  In His wisdom, God knew that in answering my selfish prayer, He would also be teaching me a lesson.  Since then, I have been more thoughtful and careful about my prayers.

On to the story about my friend:

My friend just told me about someone close to her who had been wronged almost thirty years ago by another Christian.  My friend's friend had long since forgiven the woman, but there had been no contact between my friend's friend and the Christian who had wronged her.  Out of the blue, a few weeks ago, my friend's friend gets a call from this Christian woman, asking for forgiveness for her wrong choice so many years ago.  I almost got chills when she told me.

Isn't God astonishing and marvelous?  Both of us got justice in different ways.  How striking.

Several years ago I began to ponder why God emphasizes justice and righteousness so strongly.
It is a clear Biblical theme, from Genesis to Revelation.  I began to understand that God's character IS just and righteous.  Period.  It is probably extremely ignorant of me not to understand this, but I had been a Christian for quite a while before I began to grasp this truth.  I then began to observe the lives of those around me, and noticed that it's true.  Justice can take a myriad of forms, and oftentimes does not happen in OUR DESIRED time frame, but if you look carefully and ask God to show you the justice and righteousness in a given situation, I believe He will show you in due time.

So, because He is a God of justice and righteousness, He has NO CHOICE but to right wrongs--in His way, in His timing.  I derive great comfort from that ... when I'm the one who has been wronged. But I derive great conviction from that when I am the one inflicting injustice on another.  Sometimes we can be unjust and unrighteous and be blinded to ourselves.  Satan is very good at that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)