Skip to main content

Not "Loving Being Me"

So ... this afternoon was a flurry of activity--the usual activity: homework, dinner (prep, eat, clean up), bedtime routines, etc. Then there were the added activities of Ashley's gymnastics and Youth Group at church. Then, in between all that, there was a visit to my mother-in-law who is in the hospital. I was also bringing my husband dinner and a few other items for my mother-in-law who is in the hospital (he's staying with her overnight).

She's okay. She had low sodium, and she's doing much better now. They'll more than likely release her tomorrow or Thursday.

So, can we say, "too much on my plate???!!!" I really don't do well when I have too much on my plate. I noticed myself getting really tired by 5:00 p.m. (and we hadn't even left the house yet). So I take Ashley to gymnastics, hurry home to heat up dinner for Carlito, rush to my sister-in-law's house to pick up something for my mother-in-law, rush Ashley to church (right on time--go me!), and drive to the hospital to visit my mother-in-law, etc. I find the entrance, go to check in at the visitor's desk, Carlos in hand, ask for her room, and the lady looks at me with a concerned expression, "Do you have someone who can watch this little boy while you go upstairs? Only children 12 and older are allowed to visit."

I tell you, I lost it. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. It really wasn't huge, but I actually didn't have the energy to come up with a Plan B. I was so frustrated. I just felt so deflated, if that makes any sense at all. I just looked at her and said, "I'm just so frustrated right now. I'm going to leave." And I walked away. Back to the car. After I got to the car, I realized that I could have called my husband from the lobby on my cell phone, or asked her to call the room for me, but I was "done."

I wanted to just scream at that lady (even though on a logical level I know she's just doing her job), explain to her all the trouble I went through to get my husband a warm dinner, pick up the items for my mother-in-law, come to the hospital between all the other "errands" I was running, how tired I am, and she has the nerve to tell me I can't see my husband or mother-in-law for one minute. But I controlled myself. I'm certain she had no idea how infuriated and frustrated I was.

So here I am at home, and in ten minutes I will leave to pick Ashley up from Youth. So tired. So grouchy. I pray she's not late coming to the car when I pick her up, because I have NO patience left.

And one more teeny, tiny issue: I can't get our new patio door to lock, so now I'm worried--no husband, no locked patio door. Anyone can just come right in tonight. Scary. Trying to trust God.

Thanks for listening. I just needed to get this out right now. I'm feeling a little calmer as we speak.

Feel free not to comment :) This is certainly not a very inspiring post--that's for sure.

Comments

tjep said…
How perfectly normal you are! :)

Much hugs to you right now! I quite understand the frustration you are feeling! But hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)