Skip to main content

Deep in the Heart of Construction

So as I mentioned several posts ago, we are having some much needed work done around our house--first the termite tenting, then a block wall so we can finally enjoy some privacy in our backyard :), and next they are going to paint the exterior. So today they're sandblasting to prep for painting. Believe me when I say a paint job is l-o-n-g overdue.


So here are some pics:


Prepping for sandblasting. I'm going to be trapped in my house for about an hour. I guess that gives me more time to blog, huh? ;)




This is our new block wall. Very boring, definitely not my first choice in a fence, but because all the neighbors around us put in block wall fences, it was just the most logical solution to keep a uniform look. I'm soooo happy to have it. You can't put a price on privacy.




When they finished putting up the block wall, they also put cement in front of it, and one of the men let Ashley and Carlos put their handprint, names and date in the cement. I'm soooo excited about that. I wanted to do it so badly when I was a kid, and it was fun to see the kids getting so excited about it (plus I got to fulfill a childhood dream through them--that's what kids are for, right?!).



My husband also had them remove two sheds from our very small backyard, but now between the junk from the sheds that we have yet to toss, and all their construction paraphernelia, our backyard looks like a war zone. Wanna see??!!




Oh, and did I mention I'm hosting for the Bunco group I belong to ... yes, all this, and more, is supposed to be done by October 19th when I host it :-D

And this is a picture of our driveway. Yes, that's mostly our junk that's filling up the huge dumpster. Hopefully it will be removed today. I'm sure our neighbors will be greatly relieved to see this eyesore removed from our property ;)



All in all, I'm so excited to get this work done. This is a dream that I thought would take years to come to fruition. None of the process bothers me: all the noise, the dust, the workers that are at our house every day, the Spanish cuss words I am hearing on a fairly regular basis. I am in heaven, thanking God for providing for us so we can do this.

Comments

Run-alyn said…
Wow... that's a lot of work.. but I bet you can already imagine the end result!!!
Debbie said…
I feel your pain!! :o)
tjep said…
How exciting! I know it can be overwhelming when you see everything torn apart. It's also hard to relax with all these strangers walking in your space. But it'll all be over before you know it and you'll be enjoying your newly painted home and private backyard!
DonnaG said…
I love home projects. Yes it is messy and sometimes a chore to work around the chaos, but how cool to get what you want, to plan and see something come to be. Congrats on the "new" home. I can not wait to see it. And as for the block wall, I think it looks great!!

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)