Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Yes, it's our 8-year anniversary. Only eight years, but so much has happened along the way. So many ups and downs. So much getting used to being married. Learning what it means to be "one flesh"--still don't know a lot about that one, but I know God will continue to show us what that means.

I'm so grateful that we're both 150% committed to this relationship. Both of us will do whatever it takes to make it work and slowly improve things.

So grateful that my children have a dad who loves them deeply, who really is their protector, their "safe place to fall." Feels so deeply satisfying to know that my kids feel so secure and safe with him. No words need to be spoken. They just know, way down deep, that Daddy will always be there for them.

So grateful to have a husband who steps up to the plate in so many other ways. For me personally, for our family, for his family (his 3 sisters and their families), and for my family. Who is so generous in offering to assist in any number of ways, doesn't think twice about the sacrifice he's making, and truly expects nothing in return. And shrugs off "thank yous" as if they're completely unnecessary.

We celebrated on Sunday with a date to downtown (my request--because I've lived in L.A. for almost twenty years and I think it's about time I learned something about downtown). He knows a lot about downtown, so I told him to pretend I'm one of the Filipino tourists he takes around, lol :) He showed me a couple of sights (I can't actually tell you what--one of them was the Angel's Flight that's supposed to re-open sometime this year), and as we were walking, I noticed the Bonaventure. I've never been there, but I've heard so much about it. So I'm like, "Oh, is that the Bonaventure. I've never been there. Can we go inside so I can see it?" He's all, "Sure." Wow, the lobby is so huge and impressive. Then he says, "Let's go up so you can see the restaurant." Sounds good to me. We went, and it turns out he had reservations for us. I played right into his hands (nothing new, though!). I was so in awe. Talk about fancy, shmancy. But it didn't rotate (they were doing maintenance work). So we both agreed he has to take me back there someday :)

And tonight I have a romantic dinner planned (I've never actually made this dish, but it sounds simple enough--I know, bad move). It's called "osso bucco" which means "hole in the bone". It's veal shank that's fancied up with some kind of sauce. I wish I could take pictures of it to share, but you can read about that at the end of the next post. And we'll also have risotto (except of course he'll just want plain rice) and asparagus.

This is a "random" photo I found on the internet just to give you a general idea. But you have to click here to see it. Ignore the risotto. Mine will be different (more traditional).

Now I'm off to start this dinner. It will take about two hours. Ta ta for now!

Comments

DonnaG said…
Osso Bucco is osoooooo good. Lenny's mom made it for me way back when he and I first started dating. I was a little tentative at first to try as she had previously served headcheese and cow's tongue. Congrats on the going the long haul. Many happy more years to you both!
tjep said…
Happy Anniversary to you! You are both very special and I enjoy seeing you in church!

For the Osso Bucco...you mean you're not going to make a pot of rice? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)