Skip to main content

A Snippet of My Day

Went to the L.A. Zoo today, just me and Carlos. It was so adorable to see his boyish excitement. Of course, he wanted to see the Reptile House, but much to his chagrin it is closed until 2010! I was in shock. But he had a lot of fun anyway. They have a new Spider House exhibit, and that kept him entertained. We sat down on a bench in the shade to eat our lunch, and got to see some wallabies and a large, interesting bird (forgot the name). It was kind of cool.

We saw the “Ape Rain Forest” (or whatever it’s called) and we actually saw a mother orangutan with her baby. When we passed by to leave the exhibit, we actually saw the baby nursing. It was so cool.

But my favorite part of our outing was the conversation we had as we left the zoo, hand in hand. :)

Carlos: (out of the blue) I wish it could be Christmas every day.

Me: Yeah, that would be really cool, huh?

Carlos: Yeah.

(slight pause)

Me: When we get to heaven, it will be like Christmas every day.

Carlos: (eyes light up) Really??!!

Me: Yes, really (well, it will … just not in the way he thinks, and by the time he gets there he won’t care).

Carlos: Wow! (slight pause) Will I get to meet Santa there?

Me: Well, I’m pretty sure. I don’t see why not. (Yeah, I know, but in the future he won’t care that Santa doesn’t really exist.)

Carlos: Can I give him a hug? (Is that too sweet or what?)

Me: Of course you can give him a hug.

Carlos: Has anyone ever seen Santa before?

Me: No, I don’t think so.

End of conversation.

I’m soaking up every second of the last of these innocent days. They will come to an end very shortly. I truly can’t describe the deep sense of satisfaction and contentment that overwhelms me when he’s like this.

Btw, I sooo missed my camera at the zoo today. :( Lots of good photo ops.

Just a snippet from my day!

Comments

DonnaG said…
know what??? I think sometimes it is better left to the imagination that to see a picture. Great capture of the moment. I loved reading about it.
tjep said…
It's so precious the innocence of our kids, isn't it? And how they view the world and how much they believe in what they say to them. I can imagine the pictures going on inside of Carlos head, of seeing Santa in heaven!

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)