Skip to main content

Home Improvement Meltdown

Carlito was blessed with a nice raise a few weeks ago, so we're going to use the money to fix up some things around the house. Now, I have absolutely NO experience with this kind of stuff, either growing up or in my own adult life. I'm very excited about the things we want to do; and I'm extremely grateful that Carlito is taking charge of the whole "home improvement" stuff. That's just actually w-a-y out of my area of expertise. I'll post more about the home improvements later, but the first thing we're doing is boring, but necessary: termite control. It's really bad so they have to tent the house.

Which means:
  • we have to pack and move for three days (but this is a blessing as well because we will be 2 miles away and occupy my cousin and sister-in-law's "mansion"--read: huge, fancy house :) (they're currently in Italy) And did I mention they have a jacuzzi bathtub??!! ... and a HUGE kitchen??!!).
  • we have to take food to cook for three days
  • we have to pack all the rest of our food in special bags, and double-bag the special bags.
  • no Photoshop Elements for three days :(

I'm okay with most of it, but I started bagging the food today, and it's really becoming a nightmare. They give you about six very deep, narrow bags, so you're literally stuffing as much as you can in each bag. Then the bags rip because you stuffed way too much in there, so you have to dump everything out and start over again. Remember, they only give you six bags and you have to double bag. So I'm seriously frustrated right now. I decided to take a break and vent. I'm seriously about to throw all the food away and just forget it.

Edit: By the way, thanks for listening to my griping. And sorry. I do try to keep it positive, but I just couldn't. I feel better now, though.

Comments

Debbie said…
I say throw all the food away and grocery shop later!!!
Carmela said…
I would dump it all in a heartbeat, but my hubby, having been raised in the Philippines and being acutely aware of poverty most of his life, would be SERIOUSLY upset with me.

So I already called him at work to gripe to him (I know, not the best move), and he told me he's coming home from work early to take care of some other stuff, so he'll take care of it :)
tjep said…
Why did you not call me? I would have gladly came over and helped you! :o

I remember having to do all that! It's like someone making you to clean out your kitchen when you do feel like it! Yuck! Although, one time we went and stayed at the Disneyland hotel so that was fun!
tjep said…
Oops...I mean...when you DON'T feel like it!
DonnaG said…
Heyyy. Just take all of your food in huge rubbermaid boxes to your sis in laws house. Then bring it back when you can move in. The bags are impossible.

Are you having your house tented for termites?

And, can I come over to help?

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)