Skip to main content

I'm Back!! :)

Well, I've decided that life has calmed down enough (at least for the summer), so I want to post about my life with God and what He is showing me.  I will try to post at least 3-4 times per week (even if it's a short snippet).  My goal is to allow God to shine through His amazing miracles in my life.

I have committed to doing a free online Bible Study on the Book of Joshua.  I really want a friend who has the time to do this with me (so I'm praying that God will bring me someone), but if not, I'm okay with just me 'n Jesus.  

In case you're interested, here is the link to the commentary:  http://www.religionofjesuschrist.com/commentary/history/joshua.pdf 

Here is the link to the questions:  http://www.biblestudylessons.com/classbooks/history/joshua-questions.pdf

I don't find the study itself extremely insightful and inspiring, but the genius of this study is the conversations that it sparks among us women as we discuss the questions.  I learned SO MUCH when I did his Genesis study in our women's group.

Some interesting thoughts and discoveries so far (I just finished Joshua 2 today):

  • The book of Exodus is about the Israelites' redemption OUT OF Egypt.
  • The book of Joshua is about the Israelites' redemption INTO the Promised Land
  • Likewise, our salvation is not just a "saving out of hell," but a "saving into" eternal life (and an abundant life here on earth)  These were insights by Dr. McGee.

  • The book of Joshua is a book of possession because it is about the Israelites finally taking possession of the Promised Land.

  • Dr. McGee uses Joshua 1:7-9 to give a "Formula of Faith":
    • be strong and courageous
    • obey God's law
    • meditate on His law continuously.
Sometimes God calls us to do things that are so scary, so completely beyond our capability.  The easy thing to do is to cower in fear and make up a million excuses why we can't or shouldn't do it.  The Israelites could have come up with a million excuses, too.  But they would have missed out on an incredible blessing.  The beauty of trusting Him is that when He shows up and helps us accomplish the impossible in our life, HE gets the glory--it is then that our lives can truly shine for him, and isn't that essentially what we're here for?!

I can't exactly explain it right now, but I feel a sense of anticipation--that God is getting ready to stretch me again, personally and spiritually.  I'm not sure exactly what form that will take, or when it will take place, but I feel like He's getting ready to shake things up.  Me, NOT being a risk-taker at all, I am shrinking from this feeling, trying to convince God that I don't need Him to stir the pot right now.  However, I have to admit that it's a little exciting, too, because every time God has shaken my world, He has given me INCREDIBLE stories and those situations and circumstances have increased my faith and love for Him in ways that nothing else could.

I hope that spoke to your soul today and encouraged you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)