Skip to main content

Lewis and Clark, et al.

In case you're confused about the title, it's because we went exploring new territory like Lewis and Clark (only somehow I don't think our exploration will make the front page, lol!).

We went back to my latest favorite hangout on Monday ... and we had company!! My sister-in-law, her aunt, and a bunch of my nieces and nephews came along for the fun. That was sooo cool!! My sister-in-law overheard one of the kids ask (as they exited the car), "What are we going to do here, anyway?"

They asked again later, and my sister-in-law very simply replied, "We're going to have a picnic." Here's a picture of us enjoying our picnic soon after we arrived.
As soon as they finished eating, one by one they scampered off into the tall weeds to explore and discover. You could hear their laughter and conversation, but you couldn't see them :) I, of course, couldn't resist the urge to snap a "few" (emphasis on few) photos, so this is them scampering about and exploring the wide open spaces.
This is a nice group shot of them under one of the few shade trees :). It was my niece's idea--she's quite the photographer! Secretly, I hope she takes photography in high school so she can give me several tips!
Then I wanted to take one of the three girls.
After they had fun running through the tall weeds, we took a path that leads to a beach down below. Along the way, my niece spotted a butterfly and tried to catch it. How cute is that?! And her brother tried to hide among the weeds (he was "camouflaging himself."). And Carlos had to follow suit. It was so funny :)
We had a blast exploring the tide pools. We found sea snails, a bunch of sea anemones, and some hermit crabs. It was fun to gently put our fingers close to the sea anemone's mouth and feel it's tentacles tickle our skin.
This is the last picture you'll be subjected to (lol!) in this post. The only way to leave the beach was to climb up a bunch of rocks. This is a picture of how we climbed up.
I'm so glad they enjoyed themselves. It was so fun to watch them and experience their delight over such a simple afternoon. I'd love to go back with them sometime. What a great way to start our Easter break.

Comments

Debbie said…
Where is this place?? I seriously want to go!! Love the tall weeds/flowers. Great pic of Ashley and her cousins.
Carmela said…
Glad you want to go! I just embedded a link in my post (just for you!). If you click on "hangout" the official website of the park will come up.

It is truly an amazing place, just magical. And several times per year they have docents that will give you a tour of the tidepools. I'd love to do that with the kids sometime.
Samantha said…
Thank you for posting the link Carmela!! I think Ben, Noah and I will have to check it out - I too, love the pictures of the flowers and the girls!

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)