Skip to main content

A Boy's Paradise

That's where else we went on Saturday. Just me and my boy (and a friend). Ashley was at Winter Camp. That's probably a good thing, because I'm sure she would have been extremely bored--unless you count checking out the hot guys in uniform ;)

Another serendipitous discovery was this Coast Guard Open House. It was the coolest thing. Apparently they do this every year (so you know where we'll be on the first Saturday in March for the next several years!). We got to go all the way to the top of this lighthouse (the light was fascinating, and the view was really neat).

While we were waiting in line to go in the lighthouse, Carlos saw this and it immediately attracted his attention. "I wanna go see that, Mommy." So we did. It is an actual Coast Guard boat with guns. He was in heaven, I think :)









He spent the majority of the time fiddling with the guns. He was amazed that they are actually real!



Of course, he had to push every button on the control panel, lol! Just look at the expression on his face. He's really concentrating.
This was how happy he was after getting off the boat with guns. He went on another boat and two helicopters.



This is one of the guys explaining something to Carlos about the equipment. They were so friendly--all of them.


As we were leaving, he tells me, "I wish I could be big already so I can have that job (the boat with the guns)." Yeah ... uh, mama's in no hurry for you to grow up and put your life on the line for our country. But at least that's better than his other choice--he's fixated on being a fighter pilot. He'll probably end up being neither (I don't know of many people who chose their profession at the tender young age of seven), but it makes my heart go pitter patter anyway. The sacrifices that the men and women of our Armed Forces make (as well as the sacrifices of their families--HELLO!) amazes me. I thank God for them because I don't have it in me to do that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm with you. Natasha told me one time she wished she was "big". I told her she shouldn't be in a hurry to grow up, she needed to enjoy being "little".

I also am thankful for the military and the sacrifices they and their families make. I don't think I could do it either.
tjep said…
Wow, I know Garrett would have loved that boat! How fun for Carlos! And how nice that you got some quality time with Carlos!

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)