Skip to main content

Total R & R!

I'm baaaack! I so missed blogging after the kids have gone to bed, lol! But I had CSI and the CourtTV channel to keep me company. "Did you enjoy your vacation?" you ask. Why, how polite of you! Yes, we totally enjoyed ourselves. I love that both of us agree that a vacation is for R & R. Neither one of us is the type to "make the most of each day" and squeeze in as many activities, etc. as possible so you come back more tired than when you left. In fact, we went back to the hotel on Monday afternoon, ate lunch, and my husband took a nap, the kids watched a little TV, and I forget what I did. Then we went back to Sea World in the evening.

We left early Sunday morning to beat the traffic and we made it in just over an hour. We were actually at Sea World 40 minutes before it opens! We were the second car to get in the park. Cool, huh?!

We did a bunch of stuff (won't bore you with the details); my favorite part of that day was when the kids fed and pet the dolphins. Of course, I fed one too, and pet several.

My cousin and sister-in-law came, too (just happened to work out that way), and they arrived later with six kids (3 are theirs, 3 are our niece and nephews). So we hung out together the rest of the day. That was so fun for the kids. I'll post pics of the first day later.
Yes, I did take a f e w pictures ... as in 450. I know, I just can't control myself when I'm behind the camera. No, that doesn't count the ones I deleted becasue they just didn't turn out right. I usually delete as I go, or it gets overwhelming.

Well, let me share some pics that I have downloaded.

Sea World Day 2:

One of the highlights was that we got to "Dine with Shamu." It was very cool! We were literally just feet away from "Orchid," Shamu's first baby, and we got to interact with the trainers and ask questions. One of the trainers put on a "mini" show. These are some of the photos we got. I like the first picture because you can tell how close we are to the killer whale.

We also took a quick snapshot of the four of us. This is it:

Of course we had to see the Shamu show again (we also saw it the first day) because I didn't get a good shot of "Shamu." This time I got much better shots:

There's so much more, but that's all the pictures it allows me for this post. I hope to "steal" some minutes tomorrow evening to post some more!

Comments

tjep said…
Welcome back!!! I know the feeling of being tired after vacation, but it's a good tired! The pic of the four of you is a beautiful picture! I like the color of the grass, the plants around you!

Dining with Shamu? That sounds real interesting, I've never heard of that. It's been awhile since we've been there!

Glad you're back!
tjep said…
By the way, I posted pics of my messy room!!!
Debbie said…
Great family photo! You will have scrapbooking this vacation!
Lori said…
Love the pictures (and the new "do" too). We went to San Diego and Sea World last September, and I was amazed at the Shamu show. It's quite an experience. I'm so jealous that you were able to dine with him (or her?)

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)