Skip to main content

Vacation ... All I Ever Wanted ... etc.

I'm getting soooooo excited! We're going to San Diego this Sunday through Wednesday, and I can't wait! We haven't been on a family vacation (aside from camping in Malibu last August) for three years. The last time we also went to San Diego.

We have reserved a suite (totally wanted a suite--otherwise you just twiddle your thumbs after the kids go to bed: BOOOORING!). A suite with a kitchenette, so we can save money. We'll eat breakfast and dinner at the suite, and have lunch wherever it's convenient. Lest you feel sorry for me that poor li'l ol' me has to cook on her vacation--never fear! I would never do that to myself, LOL! I cooked double tonight and will cook double tomorrow night--except that tomorrow the crock pot will cook dinner for me :) I will freeze everything, and thaw it as we need it on the trip. We WILL have to cook rice--I am married to a Filipino, and he needs his rice fix on a daily basis :), but that's no big deal at all ... it cooks itself in the rice cooker.

And I'm also so excited because I got the suite for $109.00 per night. Yeah me! They first quoted me $119.00 (which was also excellent compared to everything else I saw on the internet). This one I called directly (didn't find it on the internet). After making the reservation for $119.00, I decided to check their website online--and discovered that the online rate was only $109.00. So I called back and explained the situation. "Oh, okay, let me fix that for you. (slight pause) Okay, your room is $109.00 per night." "Okay, thank you :)"

"What are we going to do in San Diego?" you ask. Why, let me tell you! We will go to SeaWorld Sunday and Monday (they have a "2 days for the price of 1" thing going). Tuesday we will venture into the San Diego WildAnimalPark, and Wednesday we'll go to the beach before coming "back down to Earth."

Comments

Run-alyn said…
Alright.. first of all, did you get me essay of an email?

Next, I totally relate, I need rice everyday.. sometimes 3 times a day.. I get it. "ee-na-poy" He'll get it.. well I can only speak Ilocano.

Vacation.. not so much this year.. but next year.. I was thinking, just yesterday infact.. Disney land, SeaWorld, and maybe San Diego zoo!! totally looking into that already!!!!

Anyway.. I hope you guys have a blast. I would do anything.. you hear me anything for a beach and some REAL sun.. I'm talking warm, sweating.. hot.. burning sun.. not the kind where I still bring a sweater.. cause I know in those patches of clouds I will feel cold!! Enjoy your vacation..
We will chat when you get back..

And I know we will see pictures!!!!
tjep said…
I hope you have a great time! I haven't been down to Sea World and the Zoo in a long time! Let us know how it went!

Oh and I know all about the rice!!! Gotta have rice! LOL! Does Carlos have rice with spaghetti? That's what my dad used to do!

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)