Skip to main content

Lots of Little Stuff

On my mind right now:


  • nervous about going to class tomorrow and Sunday

  • (I'm so old now that I will look like one of those "old hags" I used to see in my classes and wonder what on earth they're still doing in school when they're old already (hmm... what comes around goes around, huh?! I would have been much better off repenting for those judgmental thoughts, lol!)

  • What do people bring to class nowadays? Do they bring their laptops and take notes on that? Do they still use notebooks? (I'm bringing both so I have both options covered.)

  • Are we going to have homework?

  • Is it going to be a B-O-R-I-N-G lecture-type format, or is it going to be hands-on? (It's a class about integrating technology in the classroom.)

  • Will people be dressed casual or will they be dressed up? (I'm going casual 'cause that's the kind of gal I am.)

  • Mostly, why am I obsessing so much about this? Normally I could care less. I'm not there to meet people--just to pass the class.



  • Missing my Ashley who is full-on into teenager-hood, and "chases" me out of her room anytime I want to go in there to chat with her for a few minutes

  • After I've chatted with her for like one minute: "Great. You can go now." "Thanks. You can leave now." "Okay, I'm busy now doing my teenie bopper things" (not true about the "teenie bopper" part--she doesn't say it; I just think it ;)



  • LOVING the fact that Carlos enjoys spending time with me ("Mommy, will you play with me?" "Mommy, I want to play with you."--music to my ears)

  • Excited (and nervous!) about starting the photgraphy assignment on Monday. I will be doing it every morning next week.

  • Stressing about how I'm going to balance work and home when I get a job

  • Frustrated that I took such a l-o-n-g break from paper scrapping that it takes me hours to get a page done (not to mention I don't even know how to use certain products, like distressing ink, chalk, etc.). I guess I really am a digi scrapper at heart, but I refuse to give up paper scrapping. It can be very satisfying in a different way.

  • EXTREMELY excited because my shows are starting:

  • CSI (all of them!)

  • Criminal Minds

  • Beach Patrol

and a new cooking show I like on Planet Green called Emeril Green (I'm a huge Emeril fan).


Oh, and I designed a cover for my notebook :) Here it is: I used a free "brush" (a digital stamp) from the internet. The quote says, "Art is abstraction [NO idea what that means!], it's the way to rise up toward God by doing what our divine Master does: create."


Happy Weekend, y'all!

Comments

DonnaG said…
I am so glad that you are bloggin'. Your thoughts mirror mine so many times. Have fun in class today. Just remember not to pass notes, not to text message your classmate and for goodness sake, please, do not IM them if you use your laptop.

Be the teacher's pet.

Senora GIsbert
tjep said…
I hope things go well in your class. I don't what class you're taking but I know you will be fine. Enjoy each moment!

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)