Skip to main content

Exhausted, but happy

so tired, so it's going to be super short tonight. So tired 'cause I'm in the middle of a rather large photography assignment, so I drive there every morning after dropping the kids off. I come home about an hour before the time to pick them up,

  • eat lunch,

  • veg on the sofa,

  • pick them up,

  • edit photos,

  • scrape something together for dinner, etc.

Question that keeps running through my head: How am I going to be able to keep up the house when I go back to work full time??!! I try to ignore it, but it's there.


BUT ... I very wisely scheduled myself off tomorrow (LOVE this working for myself, lol!), so I'll head here after dropping the kids off and spend a few hours editing photos while sipping a coffee--or two :)


And ... I got to have lunch with my husband today because I happened to be taking pictures at the clinic he oversees. We also ate with the guy who offered me the assignment, which was cool 'cause I don't really know him that well, but I'd like to. Thai food. LOVE Thai food!

Comments

Run-alyn said…
Oh I would love to see what you are working on.. I'm so curious! And so super excited with you!!!!!

I love starbucks.. I've stopped doing lattes.. good for the tummy, but I just do their house coffee.. :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Thai Food.. Pad Thai, Chicken Sate, that curry.. the rolls.. oh I love love love it.. My girlfriend and her family own a restaurant here.. it is the best I've ever had! It does help that she's Thai ;)

Talk soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Just another day ...

Today was a full day. The workers put in our patio door ... sooooooooo excited to have this door!!! The pictures look much less than impressive b/c I didn't take time to play around with them in Photoshop (CSI: Miami is on so I'm glued to the T.V, plus I have a huge load of laundry to fold still). I'm so thrilled to have this door that, good pic or not, I have to share. Like I said, we've never done anything like this before, so every little thing excites me beyond belief :-D They worked on it all day, having to break out a rather large section of the wall, take out a window and door, and move our electrical outlet and porch light. And as you can tell, they have to finish tomorrow. This is the view from the inside: This is the view from the outside: It was strange to have them in my house. But apparently, in deference to my "feminine ears," they decided to refrain from using their Spanish cuss words. That was nice :) Plus our washer is on the blink (has bee...

"Cool" Lunch

I usually make Ashley take her lunch three days out of the week (she "gets" to buy on the other two days, even though she doesn't actually eat the food--part of the whole "fit in with the crowd" issue) . I was having a SERIOUSLY hard time getting her to bring her lunch, and it occurred to me one day that if she took "fancier" sandwiches, she might not fight it so much. So ... I started making Chicken Salad and getting various toppings (she likes the jars of roasted peppers, pepperoncinis, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, etc.) as well as buying bolillos or other fancier sandwich breads. That went over well. It went over so well that her friends would ask for a taste, and rave about how yummy the sandwich was. They were actually jealous of Ashley's lunch (yeah! now she won't be the "geek" who brings her lunch; she'll be the girl who brings cool lunches--mission accomplished and then some!) . One of her friends I know rather well, because...

Favorite Things

Things that make me smile and sometimes laugh: my family Starbucks with friends reading blogs :) parking the car in the driveway of our "new" house, lol! Oh, I guess I've forgotten to take a picture to show, huh? bantering with Ashley (the good kind of bantering--not the kind that gives me gray hairs!) My Missionettes girls (I think we've already been over the fact that even though they all have parents, they're still "my" girls!) breakfast with friends (Hi, Teena!) my new XTi :) Photoshop Elements (one of my best friends 'cause it makes me look like I take good pictures, lol!) scrapbooking (digital and regular) Crock Pot dinners (If I wasn't a Christian I would worship the person(s) who invented it) women friends in general the words Carlos mispronounces (washmouth instead of mouthwash, it's "between the rules" instead of "against the rules," and "overfloat" instead of overflow) I, of course encourag...