Skip to main content

Waiting ...

It has been about a year now since I first felt God impressing upon my heart that He is preparing me for more ministry opportunities, something deeper and more scary, opportunities to which I would have never believed He would call me.  Since then, He has confirmed this in several small, but consistent ways.  I am in a waiting period.  I don't feel upset about the wait--on the contrary, I feel satisfied to wait because I'm very scared to come out of my comfort zone.  I am focusing on soaking up as much of Him as possible during my "wilderness period" until He opens doors for ministry (outside of what I'm already doing).

Once in a while I begin to doubt, and I begin to convince myself that He never said that last summer--I am just having delusions of grandeur.  However, He has reminded me just this past couple of weeks that Moses and Joseph had to wait many years before fulfilling their calling.  If you read Exodus 2:11-12 carefully, you will see that God gave Moses a heart for "his own people" at forty years old (Acts 7:23).  However, instead of praying passionately to God when he witnessed the Israelites' oppression, he passionately took matters into his own hands and murdered the cruel Egyptian.  God gave him the heart for his people forty years before God opened the door for him to give vent to his passion and complete God's calling on his life.  Moses had to carry that burden by himself for forty years, and the entire time he did not understand that this burden was God-instilled. Even when God called him at the burning bush, he did not embrace his calling wholeheartedly, but recited a litany of excuses in an attempt to sidestep his destiny.  I'm sure at some point during Moses' life, God pointed out the connection between his God-instilled compassion for his people forty years earlier and God's call to lead them out of slavery into the Promised Land.

The same applies to Joseph.  Cruelly treated by his siblings (except Benjamin), he was an outcast and unjustly sold into slavery by his own brothers.  However, before being sold into slavery, he had two significant dreams which lost their luster over the next several years.  In both of his dreams his brothers were bowing down to him, something which would obviously seem ludicrous given that he was the eleventh of twelve brothers.  On the contrary, he should have been bowing down to them.  After being sold into slavery, I believe that he eventually forgot about those dreams completely because Genesis 42:9 says "Then Joseph remembered the dreams which he had dreamed about them ..." [The brothers went to Egypt to buy grain during the famine.]  The word "remembered" implies that he had forgotten about those dreams.  Twenty-two years had elapsed from the time that Joseph first had the dreams as a seventeen-year-old and when he first saw his brothers in Egypt.  He had to wait twenty-two years to fulfill his destiny of saving his people during the severe famine.

I am definitely not expecting to have to wait that long, but God is gently reassuring me that He has more for me than what I can see right now with my human eyes.  I do have so many dreams and hopes for future ministry opportunities.  I am currently asking Him to show me which ones are HIS dreams for me, and which ones are my own fleshly desires.  Of course, I am asking Him to remove any dreams that do not originate with Him.

I am so curious when and how He will open doors!  :)  

How about you?  Have you been in a season of waiting and got to see the Master lead you down the paths He has chosen for you?  Or maybe, like me, you're in a season of waiting right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)