Skip to main content

Fun with Photography (& Scrapping!)

I have no excuse for not blogging. Just lazy. Sorry.

I hope everyone had a relaxing Memorial Day spent enjoying our wonderful freedom which has come at a great price. I am truly so thankful for all the brave men and women who have given their lives so I can sit here comfortably in my own home and write this post and live the life of comfort that I do. And a special "Thank You" to all those who have served or are currently serving in the Armed Forces (including your entire family). I know it is truly a sacrifice, and I do appreciate it.


I got to fulfill a little dream of mine last weekend, thanks to my family and a family friend. For over a year now I have wanted to take our family to the beach and have a family photoshoot. I just LOVE the beach, and sunset is the PERFECT time to take photos--the lighting is incredible. I just wanted to experiment and play around creatively to get some good shots. Well, I didn't get the shots I had in my mind--I wanted more "candid style" photos, but I did get some nice ones.

This is a fun layout I did with some of the pictures of the kids. I had a lot of fun (and a few times where I pulled a few hairs out, lol!) doing this layout. . For the free tutorial, click here.

This is our family portrait. I know ... the lighting is horrible (as in--notice the huge shadow on my face), but practice makes perfect. This has not been edited yet, so I''m hoping to improve it by using some Photoshop magic :)


These are a few shots of Carlito with the kids (yes, that's Ashley's fake smile, but we'll take what we can get, lol!).

This is me and Carlito (obviously, lol!).

This is Carlito relaxing on the beach while I scurried about taking photos of the kids.

This is just a random couple. I saw this and it just looked so neat.

These are some "Fun at Sunset" photos. The idea was from a friend of mine. That's me and Carlito with the sun between our lips. Kinda cool, huh?!

This is Ashley striking a pose. LOVE this one! *I just noticed that most of the photos have a yellowish cast to them. These are unedited, so I'm hoping to take out the cast in Photoshop.
Ta ta for now :)

Comments

Unknown said…
what gorgeous sunlight.... looks like such a nice afternoon at the beach :) ohh and HAPPT BIRTHDAY!
Run-alyn said…
OH JUST GORGEOUS!!!!
I am so envious of those beach shots!!! You did such an AMAZING JOB!! I can see you truly are passionate about photography!! I love love these family shots!!!

I would love to see more !!!

The yellowish tint? Photoshop-Saturation.. if you want you could take it down a bit.. but I think they look great!!!

Did you use your 50mm?

My favorite.. is that kiss with the sunset in between!! I am looking forward to shot like that..

PS.. you should take more solo shots of yourself! You are beautiful!!! And it will give you something to scrap with.. all your entries.. especially the ones that have touched my heart.. :)

TAke it easy!
Samantha said…
Love, love, love the kiss picture... definitely need to try to that one myself!

Popular posts from this blog

Nehemiah: Sheep Gate (Symbolism)

hubpages.com http://www.prayfordetroit.com/ As I mentioned in my Nehemiah  post, God has nudged me this summer to study Nehemiah in depth because He has some things He wants to show me.  I am just starting Chapter 5, and I must say it is so exciting and interesting. I have to admit, though, that when I got to Chapter 3, it just looked like one of those boring chapters: it gave all the boring details about each section of the wall of Jerusalem that was being rebuilt, and gave countless names of the people who rebuilt each section.  I was going to skip it and move on to Chapter 4 when I felt the Lord nudge me to look deeper--that there was something here that He wanted to show me.   So I dutifully sought the Lord (and a research book, and the internet!) , and was ASTOUNDED at the incredible layers of symbolism in the names of the gates!  It has turned out to be my favorite chapter so far.  :)  God is incredibly amazing, huh?   The big picture that He has shown me so far?  Eve

Your "Fairy-Tale" Life

Your life may not look like a fairy tale, and it may certainly not FEEL like a fairy tale, but I am going to attempt to prove to you today that your Christian walk parallels a fairy-tale life.  😊  Initially, this may sound almost blasphemous to you, but I am so certain that I received this directly from God.  I pray that it encourages you to believe that God is working in your situation whether you see evidence of it or not.  He is such a good God, and such a big God.  😊 First, I would like to start with the main points that a speaker made at a Girls Ministries camp that I attended a few weeks ago, which were the springboard for what God revealed to me. • It took a lot of courage for Cinderella to respond to the prince’s invitation to the ball because of how her family made her feel. • It also took a lot of courage for Mary to obey and follow God’s plan for her life. • If we agree to follow Jesus and accept His invitation, and keep our eyes on Him, He will take us on a beau

This was amazing!

I'm so sorry.  I AM working on a new post, but to tide you over until then (I should have it up by next Tuesday), I found this on YouTube and was so encouraged and inspired by it.  I will post the story behind the song, and then the link to the song itself.  I hope this blesses you! Story behind the song "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" Lyric Video Have a bright, beaming, better-than-average day!  :)